INSTALLATION OF SHIPWEIGHT NETLOCK
- 1. Install ShipWeight on all appropriate client machines.
- 2. The hardware net lock should be attached to a USB port on a server or other machine accessible from all client machines.
- The files found in the Lock Driver folder on the ShipWeight installation CD-ROM should be copied to a new empty folder on the server/machine containing the lock. This new folder will be the Lock System Folder.
- 4. All client machines will need full access permissions (read/write/create/delete) to the Lock System Folder.
- 5. Run SETUPDRV.EXE from the Lock System Folder (once).
- 6. DDNET.EXE should be run from the Lock System Folder each time the server is started.
- 7. The first time DDNET.EXE runs it will ask for a path. Give the path to the lock system folder.
- 8. Put DDNET.EXE in the Windows Startup group to ensure execution at startup. (…or run “DDNET /S” to run DDNET.EXE as service instead of as a program)
- 9. On all client machines, edit the SW.INI to be found in the Windows folder (Win 2000: Winnt folder) and make sure that the string DinkeyNetPath in SW.INI points to the Lock System Folder. You can use long filenames in the path if the machine is Windows 9x/Me/2000/XP, but for Windows NT you must use short filenames.
Examples of the SW.INI file:
If the server containing the Lock System Folder is mapped up on the client machine, the SW.INI could look like this:
If the server is not mapped, the SW.INI could look like this:
The SERVERNAME represents the name of the server and the LockSystemFolder represent the name of the Lock System Folder